In this policy references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ are reference to Style Cruises.
Style Cruises takes very seriously the safe storage of the personal data we hold about you. We recognise you have rights as the ‘data subject’ and we have an obligation to uphold those rights.
Your information rights include:
The right to be informed
- An obligation for us to be transparent in how we collect and use your personal data
Right of access
- You have the right to access your personal data
Right of rectification
- You can request we correct any data we hold on you if the information is inaccurate or incomplete
Right to erasure
- You can request we delete any, or all, of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it
Right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request we cease processing your data:
- if you consider it to be inaccurate or incomplete
- where you object to processing and we are considering whether we still have a legitimate interest to process it
- where we don’t need the data for the original reason we collected it, but may need it to support a legal claim
Right to data portability
- Where you have consented to our processing your data, or where the processing is necessary for us to deliver a contract, you can request a copy of that data be provided to a third party in electronic form
Right to object
- You have the right to object to our processing under certain circumstances. For example, you can object to direct marketing
The information we collect at the time of booking:
- Full name as per passport
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Home and mobile telephone number
- Passport details, issue & expiry dates
- Next of kin information
- Travel insurance details
- Dietary and mobility requirements as necessary
- Previous holiday preferences
Why do we collect this information?
- To complete and fulfil a booking with the travel provider ie cruise line, airline, hotel, transfer company, tour operator. Providing this data to the travel provider is a contractual requirement & obligation. Failure to provide this information means the booking cannot be completed, ultimately denying the ability to travel.
The information we collect at the time of enquiry:
- At the time of enquiry we collect your name, telephone number, email address and cruise preferences.
Why do we collect this information?
- This information is used to provide information regarding potential cruise holiday options and for future marketing purposes.
The information is collected verbally or in writing and is processed by phone, email and via the reservation system of the travel provider.
Retention of data
- Style Cruises retains information for 6 years from our point of last contact. We hold this information to support our legal and regulatory requirements. If you object to this retention, please contact us.
- We recognise you may have questions on how we process and/or store your data or may want to change either the data we hold or how we communicate with you in the future.
- If you have given consent for processing, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
If you wish to withdraw please contact: email@example.com
- If you have any questions or would like to exercise your rights as a data subject (eg to correct data or exercise your right to access) please contact:
If, at any time, you are unhappy that we have not responded to your query adequately, or if you have a further complaint, The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted on www.ico.gov.uk
Style Cruises Website
1. When you complete a cruise enquiry form we need to know your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This information, together with details of the cruise you enquired about, is forwarded to Style Cruises to process your request for information. Style Cruises will respond direct to you by telephone or email.
2. We use tracking software to monitor Website traffic and usage and to help us develop the functionality of the Website. This software does not enable us to capture any of your personal information.
3. Style Cruises or their site operators will not disclose information about a Website visitor or enquirer to any other person or organisation without your consent unless they are legally required to do so or if there is an emergency situation that makes it necessary to do so.
4. Style Cruises or their Agents may send you occasional updates about Style Cruises products and services via email. You can unsubscribe from their mailing list at any time.
By submitting your details you consent to the collection and use of this information by Style Cruises and their site operators in the ways described.
1. Definitions and Interpretation In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings: ”Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site; ”Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site; ”Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Style Cruises when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your internet address. Further details are contained in Clause 10 and Schedule 1 of this Policy; ”Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems; ”Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Style Cruises makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future; ”System” means any online communications infrastructure that Style Cruises makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links; ”User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Style Cruises and acting in the course of their employment; and ”Web Site” means the website that you are currently using and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected. Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
2.1 – name;
2.2 – date of birth;
2.3 – title;
2.4 – contact information such as email addresses, telephone numbers, home address and post code;
2.5 – IP address (automatically collected);
2.6 – web browser type and version (automatically collected);
2.7 – operating system (automatically collected);
2.8 – a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
2.9 – Cookie information (see clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
3.1 – Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Style Cruises for as long as you use the services and systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 12 months.
3.2 – Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our clients, affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
3.3 – All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Law, 2001. For more details on security, see clause 9 below.
3.4 – Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
3.5 – internal record keeping;
3.6 – improvement of our products/services.
4. – Third Party Web Sites and Services Style Cruises may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Style Cruises requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Law, 2001.
5. – Changes of Business Ownership and Control
5.1 – Style Cruises may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
5.2 – In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
6. – Controlling Access to your Data
6.1 – Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
6.2 – use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
6.3 – sharing Data with third parties.
7. – Your Right to Withhold Information
7.1 – You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8. – Security
8.1 – Data security is of great importance to Style Cruises and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online
9. – Cookies
9.1 – Style Cruises may set and access Cookies on your computer.
9.2 – A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites.
9.3 – You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly or other services we provide on your behalf.
9.4 – You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
10. – Changes to this Policy